Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Essay 1-01a: Letter to My Host Family

Hi! My name is Mayu. I'm nineteen years old. I am a university student in Japan. I'm from Kumamoto. Have you ever been to Japan? I think that it is a very beautiful country. There are many placces to visit. I'm going to stay with you for six weeks this summer. I decidedto go to America ,because I want to learn about America. As well as English, habits, how you live there, culture, and so on. While I'm in America, I would like to go many places. Such as Walt Disney World, Grand canyon, Atatue of Liberty, Universal Studious Holly wood, Times Square and the White House. I have never been to America, so I want to go to as many places as possible. Please take me to places which you recommend. Next, I will tell you about food. Sorry, I don't like meat, so I can't eat it. However, I like vegetables very much. Also, I like carbonydrate. Such as rice, Chinese noodles, Japanese Udon, Japanese Soba ,and Spaghetti.

My hobbies are listening to music and going shopping. I often listen to the music of EXILE TRIBE. EXILE TRIBE are Japanese musicians. There are three groups, EXILE, 3Jsoul Btothers, and GENERATIONS. They are dance and vocal performance groups.They are very cool, and makes me very happy. Also I go their contact with mymother, my sister, and my friends every year. They are a very famous performance group in Japan. I want to recommend them to you.

Do you know any Japanese culture? I would like to introdue Japanese Shodo. Shodo has a long history. It has been for a long time in Japan. It uses a Fude(brush), Sumi(ink), and paper. Shodo looks cool and its style is very beautiful. I want to introduce you Japanese culture, and want to learn American culture. I am looking forward to seeing you this summer.

13 comments:

  1. I want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood, too!
    Have you learned Shodo? I can't do it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go Universal Studios Hollywood!
      I have learned it when I was first elementary school student. However, it is very difficult for me to write words for Fude.

      Delete
  2. I like Walt Disney too.
    I want to be taught shodo from you.
    Who is your most favorite member in EXILE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not shodo well, so I can not teach you.
      I like KEIJI the best in EXILE. He is very cool, and very good at dancing!

      Delete
  3. I could know what you looks forward to go there. I want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood and Walt Disney World too! What is the best song of EXILE for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that there are very interesting!
      I like "BOW & ARROWS" the best. It makes us fun. I recommend it!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very surprised at what you can't eat meat.
    Which food do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often surprised about it!
      I want to become able to eat.
      I like cake the best!

      Delete
  6. Nice hobbies! What do you do mostly at shopping and what do you mostly buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often buy clothes when I go shopping.
      It is very fun for me!

      Delete
  7. You have plentiful knowledge about music very well! You have many delight events in your life, so I'm long to like your life. What is your plans for this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am going to live in this summer and fall. I have three lives in June. I am looking forward to go there!!

      Delete